Bon Voyage

As you course through my blog, this is welcoming you aboard and wishing you a safe passage. I believe life is a journey and we are all passengers. So in the course of this journey, please do honestly criticize albeit constructively, commend where and when necessary and recommend so that i could be a better writer and make the journey a worthwhile one. I'll be glad to tap from your reservoir of knowledge.



Have a nice ride.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A THOUGHT ON MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW

How time flies! I can’t believe my humble self will be twenty six years old tomorrow. It’s amazing what the Lord has done and I would remain grateful (even tho I get picture of wetin man for don achieve or wetin for be!) .

First and foremost, I will use this medium to say ‘Happy birthday’ to all born in the month of July.

What actually struck my mind this morning was that I was born in the year 1984, when the Disciplinarian and Creator of Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI) General Muhammad Buhari was in power and twenty three years later, He contested the Presidential elections under the aegis of All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) and lost. By next year- twenty seven years later, he would most likely contest the same Presidential elections under a new political party he founded. I am not bothered about his ambitions, Abraham Lincoln- a onetime President of US suffered many political setbacks and I quite agree with his loyalists that he did a good job during his reign as PTF Chairman and the fact that he has got something to offer (Every Politician has something to offer, if not there would be no speeches or manifesto, no be so)! My grouse is that He should be an elder statesman after all these years and having tasted the power at the top, himself and his fellow General – the maverick, self styled “Evil Genius”. They should learn to leave a political ideology and terrain for upcoming YOUTHS.

I was in Primary school during the 1993 general elections when we sang in the streets of Eko (Lagos state) “On the march again…looking for the Man to lead-M.K.O is the Man O!” Even if my good friend Barr. Eyo disagrees with the idea of celebrating “This Pillar”, the fact remains that the struggle for democracy by those who even came before MKO yielded dividends which we are enjoying albeit in drops!

Lucky Me! It was in the year 2000 (Y2K) that I wrote and passed my Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (SSCE) at Hope Bay College; that fateful year when the Millennium bug chose to conquer computers Worldwide. This fact made Nigerians become aware of the internet and World Wide Web (www.com) despite the fact that our contemporaries in America, Europe and some other parts of the World had been enjoying the service since 1994. Also, with the myriad of opportunities that came our way courtesy of this oyinbo wonder, came that societal malady that has defied cure and changed the life of our youths forever…YAHOO- YAHOO!

I got admitted into the prestigious Nnamdi Azikiwe Univesity, Awka to study Medicine in 2001. This was after seeking admission in Great IFE the previous year, got Biochemistry but was told to come back after one year because of the Ife-Modakeke crisis and as usual…Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) brouhaha (I no fit wait, na im I take another JAMB enter school wey dey on session.una dey laff!). It was in 2004, sometime in October that after all the jolly time, jacking Last’s anatomy, sketching drawings from Grant’s atlas of Human Anatomy, Guyton( Physiology) and cramming metabolic pathways from Lehninger and Hackers(Human biochemistry), dissecting a correct male, fat cadaver (laffs-where you wan see female, or who go donate? Na half yansh we dey use 4 exam and studies! ), writing the MBBS and repeating a year…I still failed o. (0/3 twice! Imagine me na olodo I be? Dem lie no be small! I com discover say crookere dey med schl-I even see opportunity but dey form say nothin…abi na some Doctor’s children and their wayo, yansh magic.4get!) Some worked hard and deserved their success and are currently Doctors but more annoyingly and painfully too, some (myself excluded cos there’s no excuse for failure) who deserved to be there were shown the door and…WELLA, CHUCK.D (RIP) and many others who may yet find their feet. For those who were undeserving or who reaped where they did not sow, their theartre(ic) future will judge. I rose from my fall, headed back to Awka from Nnewi.

In 2005, after so much stress, fortunately my change of course form-from Medicine and Surgery to Economics was approved by the Senate. I picked up the ashes of defeat and used them to plant the seed of demand and supply and as fate would have it, after four years I graduated with a Second Class Division honors( no be beans, though e no izy eee).

I am currently serving the Country for the mandatory one year National Youth Service scheme in F.C.T. Abuja. My employers being the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC)… (before u talk, no bi we dey chop the oil money biko. Aka m di ocha-my hands are clean.na only normal pay and settle from Ogas na im I dey chop).

All in all, I have met numerous people and have travelled( been) to places like Oyo-Ibadan, Enugu-(Ebe an a ataa abacha, nkwobi, okpa di oku,gi tinye ya mmanya ocha-palm wine and several fun-seeking places in town,Osun-Ife, Akwa Ibom-Uyo, Mbo, Akia-Atti, Udesi, Adamawa-Yola, Cross Rivers-PH, Abia-Aba and not forgetting my hood in Eko/Lasgidi: Olodi-Apapa, Anambra-Awka, Nnewi,Osha-Fegge(sanko),Nteje, Awkuzu-JONEB of doz days, Awka Etiti, Nimo and my beloved and backward State-Imo-Owerri.

I have been assisted by childhood friends from lasgidi, friends from Nnewi, Awka and presently by some folks in ABJ! You all know yourselves, I am using this medium to say thanks for being there-gals and guys (I no be womanizer or homo! laffs).

To all those Relatives and Family friends that helped in one form or the other and still throw their weight to support me whenever I call on them…thanks(e go reach my turn).
Presently, its less than twenty-four hours to my birthday and unfortunately, there’s no bash or visit to the Orphanage. Good news is that since I am a night crawler, shyo go start by 8pm at a joint (control me 4 venue).After the brew, na one/more of the clubs man go end up. Financial contributions and logistic support will be highly appreciated (if na Baba Iyabo library, no be people go dey rush to donate 250M?). Warri man say dem no dey try pass try…even if I spend 1 million-na still try dem go say I try!).

Baba God, all POWER belongs to you (me and u go do our own foreign for church on Sunday)! Help us to achieve all that we want to achieve by the riches of your glory (tho u no b MTN).

Hope this musing wasn’t boring.luv to read your comments. Be a Victor and don’t have a vision 2010 or 2020 without laying adequate plans…that future is already here! Have a lovely weekend!

Missing those who are far away…

No comments:

Post a Comment